Story of Asherah Chapter Three


Asherah wakes up alone in a dark cell with a chain wrapped around her ankle. She notices and tugs on the chain with both hands and tries to pry it free with no success.

She catches her breath after her efforts with the chain. She looks around the dark empty cell. There are strange engravings on the wall as if others have been here before, prisoners from long ago.

Asherah's mind drifts back to Manubre and the Norak. She cries and says 'Oh my friends, what you have sacrificed for me and I have failed. Here I am imprisoned by our enemies and who knows what they will do to me. I wish I could see you both again, I'm sorry.' She places her face in her hands 'I'm so sorry.'

She hears shuffling coming from the darkest part of the cell. A voice says 'Do not cry sweet one.'

Asherah jumps to her feet 'Who's there? Who are you? Show yourself!'

She then hears a hiss and what sounds like slithering across the floor. 'Do not worry yourself beautiful one, I am not an enemy. I am a here for you.'

Asherah notices two large yellow eyes glowing in the darkness. As the eyes move forward she can hear the slithering sounds of the creature. When the creature comes into full view out of the darkness it is revealed to be a blue serpent.

Asherah steps back, surprised and cautious of the strange creature. The blue serpent says 'As I said dear child, do not fear me. I am not here to harm you. I am here to help.'

Asherah looks down on the serpent 'Here to help? How can you help me? I am imprisoned in here.'

The serpent replies 'Do not judge me by what you see before your eyes. I may have no arms and legs at this moment, but I am with you beautiful one. Do not worry, I will find a way to release you.'

Asherah says 'Release me? You'll help me get out of here? Please, please help me.'

The serpent responds 'In good time my dear. First I must find a way for us to escape once I release you. Do not worry child, I will return soon.'

The serpent then starts slithering back off into the darkness. Asherah raises her hand, beckoning the serpent 'Please wait, do not leave me here all alone.'

She can hear the serpents voice whisper as it disappears into the darkness 'Do not worry beautiful one I am always watching and always with you.'

The serpent fully disappears and Asherah is left alone again in silence, but within her she feels hope. Hope that the serpent is true and will help her escape this horrible place.

Just then the wall slides and opens, a light pours in and the silhouette of a figure appears. Asherah covers her eyes from the light, as her eyes focus she sees the figure is Tarkia.

As Tarkia raises her hand coils wrap around Asherah's wrist and force her to the wall.

Tarkia steps forward, placing her finger under Asherah's chin. 'You are quite beautiful. Beauty beyond any I have ever seen. Tell me love, how did you get so beautiful?'

Asherah looks coldy at Tarkia for a long moment, then she finally says 'I was born with beauty, unlike you. You are hideous.'

Tarkia slaps Asherah and grabs her by the face 'We will see in the end who is hideous. When the Vorak is finished with you I will wear your beautiful skin as my own and you shall be the hideous one. In fact you won't even be that. When the Vorak and I are done with you there will be nothing left, you'll be like your friend Manubre, pieces.'

Asherah gives Tarkia a long cold look 'We shall see who's going to end up in pieces.' She spits in Tarkia's face.

Tarkia wipes the spit away and raises her hand as if to strike Asherah but then lowers it again. 'Lucky for you I do not wish to damage or bruise your beautiful skin. But there will come a time when I will make you scream in agony and pain.'

Tarkia turns to leave and closes the wall behind her, the coils release and Asherah is then free.

Asherah looks around the dark empty cell, she says in a whisper 'Please, whoever you are serpent, please help me. Help me find a way out of here, help me escape.'

In the fortress where Asherah is being kept the Vorak is holding audience with Eternal Death. The Vorak speaks 'I have something that you may want to see oh master.'

Eternal Death asks 'Were you able to recover the object of great power which you spoke of?'

The Vorak replies 'You mean the shard. Unfortunately no, but I have something much greater than that. The girl, I have her. And the power that is within her I will unlock, and it shall serve you.'

Eternal Death says 'See to it that you do, and be sure that this power you speak of will serve me and only me.'

The Vorak bows 'Your will master, is my bidding.'

The orb fades as the doors to the audience chamber open. The Vorak turns around 'Ah Mokunae, you have come. Thank you for seeking audience with me here in my fortress. Was your journey short and comfortable?'

Mokunae replies 'My journey was boring and long. And to come to such a place... Tell me, why have you called me here?'

The Vorak says 'I have something to show you. You who are the most sought after, you who every being lusts for. You seem to have everything Mokunae.'

Mokunae says 'As you have made abundantly clear, yes I do have everything I need. So tell me, why bring me to this desolate place you call home?'

The Vorak answers 'To show you something, something I know you will desire.'

Mokunae asks 'What is this something? Tell me, you have something I would desire? I have all that I need, so whatever it is why would I desire to have it?'

The Vorak replies 'It is a girl, a girl unlike any other.'

Mokunae then laughs 'A girl? I have plenty of girls, and any girls that I desire would be mine with just a simple word from me.'

The Vorak says 'But you have not seen this girl. Here, let me show you.' The Vorak brings forth an image of Asherah imprisoned within the cell.

Mokunae's eyes light up. 'Ah, you are right Vorak. She is very beautiful, unlike any girl I have ever seen. How did you come by this creature?'

The Vorak collapses the image and says 'How I came by her is not your concern. What should be your concern is what deal you will make me for her.'

Mokunae replies 'Deal? For this beautiful creature? Name your price.'

The Vorak says 'The price is simple. I want you to do one thing for me. I want you to seduce Eternal Death.'

Mokunae's face goes from joy to worry 'Are you mad? Me, try to seduce Eternal Death? The only thing he lusts for is destruction. How am I to go about this?'

The Vorak answers 'You have your ways Mokunae, you are after all talented in the ways of lust and desire. I am sure that you will be able to think of something that will entice Eternal Death.'

Mokunae responds 'And if I complete this task you will give me this beautiful creature and she will be all mine, with no tricks Vorak?'

The Vorak says 'I would not dare dream of tricking you Mokunae, you have my word. Do this for me and this creature shall be yours.'

Mokunae grins, she pauses for a moment thinking then asks 'This will not be such an easy task for me to do and may take some time. How can you guarantee me that you will not make a deal with someone else? How can you guarantee me that this beautiful creature shall be mine?'

The Vorak answers 'I shall hold her here. None would dare come. None would dare try to take her from my grasp. None can penetrate this fortress. She will be all yours, if you can complete the task.'

Mokunae pauses for a moment before replying 'We have a deal then, I will seduce Eternal Death and you shall give me this beautiful girl. Do not try to trick me Vorak, for I can be all that you desire. And I can be all that you fear.'

The Vorak bows 'Oh I believe you great Mokunae, and I would never want to be on your bad side. I can guarantee you that the deal we have made here will remain unchanged.'

Mokunae says 'Very well, we have a deal. But before I go let me have one last look at his beautiful one.'

The Vorak steps over to a table and pours energy into a mirror. When he is done he hands it to Mokunae. The image of Asherah appears within the mirror.

The Vorak says 'There, now you may watch her any time you wish through this mirror. That will keep our guarantee that she is still within my possession.'

Mokunae stares into the mirror, transfixed onto the image of Asherah. 'You will be mine beautiful one, and I will lavish you with gifts of lust and desire. I will cherish you.'

She then turns her attention to the Vorak 'I will return soon to claim my prize.'

The Vorak then bows again 'And I shall be waiting.'

After Mokunae leaves the Vorak sits upon his throne tapping his fingers together. 'All is going as I have planned. Soon, soon I will control this layer and the existences within it.'

He then forms an image of Asherah with his hands 'Soon child the power within you shall be mine. It will grow within my grasp all the way back to the beginning... All the way back to where you came from Omega. Know I am coming, that I will sit on the throne. And you shall be at my side as my servant. I will be the Alpha.'

Asherah sits alone in her cell, her thoughts are on Manubre and the Norak. She can't help thinking of how they sacrificed themselves for her only for her to carelessly throw the shard away.

Then she realizes that it was for the best 'They may have me but they will never get the shards. I will see to it.'

Just then Asherah hears the same rustling sound in the darkest corner of her cell. It startles her for a moment then she asks 'Serpent, serpent is that you? Oh please let it be you.'

Asherah then sees two large yellow eyes peer from the darkness 'It is me beautiful one, I have returned.'

Asherah smiles in joy 'I'm so glad to see you. Tell me, have you found a way out?'

The serpent replies 'Oh, yes I have. And I even found something you may be interested in. I heard the Vorak speaking to his underlings. You seek the black shards. Well, when I was eavesdropping on them I heard where there is one. One that they found that they cannot get to.'

Asherah smiles 'If you set me free I can get to it first before they do, and with it I will avenge the death of my friends.'

The serpent says 'That may be so, but first let us get you out of here.'

He slithers into a crack in the wall. Asherah waits patiently for a moment then the wall rumbles and slides open.

The serpent on the other side of it says 'Come this way. Follow me, but be cautious. For the Vorak has guards everywhere.'

Asherah smiles as she follows the serpent, before she leaves the cell she asks 'Thank you serpent, but I don't even know your name. Who are you?'

The serpent chuckles 'Oh my dear, in time I shall tell you who I am. But for now you may know me simply as the most wanted man in this layer. Come, lets make our escape. Quiet we must be, we do not want to attract attention.'

Asherah steps out of the cell as the serpent turns his attention back towards it. 'One moment beautiful one. We want to make sure that they believe you are still here.'

The serpents eyes glow brightly. Energy pours from them and into the cell forming into the silhouette of a figure, the figure forms into the perfect mirror image of Asherah.

Asherah is amazed by this, she asks 'How did you do that? I've never seen anything like that before.'

The serpent replies 'Oh it is only an illusion child, nothing real. But illusions... illusions are my specialty. Come, we must go.'

Asherah and the serpent make their way through the dark halls of the fortress. They come to a large door and open it, outside is a balcony set high within the fortress.

Asherah looks down below as she steps on to the balcony, it seems as through the fall would go on forever.

The serpent says 'We will have to find a way down. Quickly, grab on to me.' He slithers to the edge and wraps his tail around the railing on the balcony.

He seems to stretch longer and longer, as his head disappears into the fog below he whispers to Asherah 'Quickly beautiful one, climb down and we shall reach the bottom.'

Asherah climbs over the balcony and wraps her arms and legs around the serpent torso and starts sliding down. Slowly but surely she and the serpent make their way down from the balcony of the high fortress.

Asherah can hear the serpents voice coming up from down below 'Keep going child, we are almost there.'

Then there is a loud shriek. Asherah looks up and she sees another garg creature shrieking at her, and then he starts to fly down.

Asherah yells down to the serpent 'We've been spotted!'

The serpent calls back up to her 'Keep going child, hurry!'

The garg creature begins making his way down grasping towards Asherah. She moves as he tries to grab on to her.

Asherah grasps on tight to the serpents torso, the serpent then calls again 'Hurry!'

Asherah replies 'I cannot, I'm too afraid!'

The serpent says 'Do not be afraid beautiful one, I am coming.'

The garg flies around attempting to make another grasp at Asherah. As the garg comes closer the large head of a serpent comes up from the fall below, this takes the garg off balance, he is frightened.

The serpent appears larger than he was before and he bears sharp teeth, snapping at the garg.

The serpent then turns towards Asherah who is grasping tightly to his torso. 'Child, you must trust me, you must jump! Let go and jump!'

Asherah looks down below to where she must jump to. It seems endless, like a bottomless pit, she cannot yet see the bottom.

The garg screeches and more of its kind join him. Once again the serpent bites at them, dispersing them. He turns to Asherah 'Now beautiful one, jump! Do not worry, I will catch you.'

Asherah gathers all her courage within her, she takes a deep breath and pushes off from the serpents torso. She is falling, faster and faster.

She can see the gargs following trying to pursue her but she is falling too fast for them to catch up. Asherah starts to panic, she calls out for the serpent 'Help, help me!'

Asherah can see the bottom of the chasm coming upon her as panic sets in. She closes her eyes and thinks to herself 'Is this it? Is this how I die?'

Then she feels as though she has landed, not at the bottom of the chasm but instead someone has caught her in their arms. When she opens her eyes and looks up she sees the face of the being holding her.

He has pale white skin with black hair and black makings on his skin. He tells Asherah 'You should trust me, I told you I would catch you.'

The being lowers Asherah to the ground. Up above they can hear the shrieks of the garg. The being then says to Asherah 'Here, wrap your arms around me.'

Asherah does as he asks and the being wraps his cloak around her, as he does so Asherah and the being turn into a large black rock.

The garg soldiers look all around, their eyes glowing. But they cannot see anything. One of the garg speaks in a strange language, it says 'We lost her!'

Another garg says 'We should find her quickly before the Vorak knows she's gone! Quickly, search!' They fly off.

The being unfurls his cloak and the image of the black rock disappears. As they stand there Asherah lets go of him, then steps back and smiles 'You kept your promise to me, we are free.'

She reaches up and kisses him on the cheek. 'I owe you everything, thank you. If there is anything I can do for you please do not hesitate to ask, I will do all I can.'

The being smiles and says 'You owe me nothing, but it is I who owe you.'

Asherah giggles a little bit at this 'You owe me? You just saved me, what could you owe me?'

The being says 'I owe you a name. My name is Jardirosh, the layer's most wanted man. And I have come on behalf of the Norak.'

Asherah's eyes light up with excitement 'The Norak? He lives?'

Jardirosh nods his head and says 'He sent me to find you, and found you I have. He awaits you, come. We must go to him quickly. The Vorak will know soon that you are gone and will stop at nothing to find you. The Norak has a safe place and I am taking you there now.'

Asherah asks 'This safe place, are you sure that the Vorak will not be able to find us there?'

Jardirosh opens a portal as he replies 'I am sure as much as you are, for you see, the place I'm taking you is home.'

Asherah smiles at this, she takes Jardirosh's hand as he opens the portal and they both step through. As they walk out the other side they can feel themselves stepping on to a boat.

There an old man is fishing. As he turns his head Asherah recognizes him as Father. She rushes to him and hugs him. Father says 'It is so wonderful to see you safe. Come, let me take you home.'

Father mans the ores and Asherah sits next to Jardirosh. Father rows the boat back to her island, where she will be safe.

To the End of the Layer...

Asherah opens her eyes, she stretches and then yawns. She has been dreaming deeply and sleeping very well since the ordeal of her capture.

She sits up in her bed, then she turns to the beside and places her feet on the floor. She gathers her pink robe and heads out of the bed chamber and down to the shoreline, there she hears laughter.

As she makes her way towards the beach she can see Jardirosh and Father. They are both sitting there, lines cast into the water from their fishing poles. It seems that they are having a very joyous time.

Father looks over his shoulder and notices Asherah approaching, Jardirosh immediately stands and bows. He says 'My lady, you have awakened.'

Asherah replies 'Yes, and it sounds as though you two are having a great time down here.' Jardirosh and Father chuckle a little bit.

Father says 'Oh just sharing stories of adventures across the layer and existences. Young Jardirosh here has quite some captivating tales.'

Jardirosh grins 'Ah, well they are more than just tales. They are experiences, some of them good some of them bad.'

Asherah steps a little past Jardirosh, on her way past she smiles at him 'You shall have to tell me of your adventures sometime.'

Asherah steps into the water at the shoreline and looks out across the Eternal Sea. 'So much here feels like home, but stretching out beyond there I know there is more, places I have yet to see.'

Jardirosh steps beside her 'Yes, there is a whole layer out there. Many places, places of great beauty, places of amazing wonder.'

He places his hand upon Asherah's shoulder, she rests her hand on top of his and asks 'And will you see them with me? Will you be my guide?'

Jardirosh smiles and says 'I will be that and more. I will stand by your side. Father and the Norak informed me of what you search for. You will need someone you can trust beside you. Someone who can protect you, someone who knows the ins and outs of the layer and the existences within it.'

Asherah smiles 'I trust you, and I trust you to guide me well through here. For I feel that my journey in search of these shards is not yet over and that it will be a very long journey for us. It is good to know that you will be at my side, I feel safe.'

Jardirosh turns and walks away 'If I am going to be at your side there may be times that we will have to fight alongside each other.'

He draws two swords that are mounted upon his back, he turns and hands one over to Asherah.

Jardirosh says 'You will need to learn to protect yourself. These swords were forged in a great fire from Rephraxi crystals. They are indestructible and light as a feather.'

Asherah takes the sword and grips it tightly. She can feel that what Jardirosh says is true, they are light as a feather.

Jardirosh says 'And they are sharp. Sharper than any blade you may find within the existences.'

With a swift strike Jardirosh cuts one of the ores of fathers boat clean in half. Father then stares with a concerned look on his face 'I was going to need that on my journey home...'

Father chuckles and Jardirosh and Asherah also laugh. Asherah says to Father 'Well that gives you more of a reason to stay awhile.'

Father smiles 'Yes, it appears so.'

Jardirosh then signals to Asherah and says 'Let's get you some training.'

He stands beside her and grasps his sword tightly in his hands. 'Like this. Grasp it tight, as if it was part of your body.' Asherah grasps the sword.

Jardirosh changes positions, raising his sword above his head. He instructs 'Now, take a stance like this.' Asherah mimics the stance, holding the sword high above her head.

Jardirosh then says 'Now step forward with your foot and strike down.' He demonstrates, stepping forward and striking downwards in a singular motion. Asherah takes in a deep breath and then follows his movements.

Jardirosh stands back 'Not bad, your form is a little off, but we can work on that.'

Asherah smiles 'I want you to show me everything. Here, now.'

Jardirosh returns a smile 'You are persistent.'

He then takes his place again alongside Asherah. For several hours they practice together on the beach. Jardirosh showing her several moves to defend herself against enemies.

After awhile all three of them sit down next to each other and look out across the Eternal Sea. Asherah sighs.

Father notices this and asks her 'What is wrong child? Something troubles you, I can tell.'

Asherah sighs again and says 'I am just worried. I do not know much of this place and it feels as though there are many enemies against me. Those who would try to take this power that they say is within me, a power that I do not yet understand Father.'

Father smiles and places his hand upon Asherah's shoulder 'In time you will. You will grow to understand and as you do the power within you will grow as well.'

Jardirosh smiles 'And you have me alongside you, and I vow that I will not let anything happen to you. I will be with you every step of the way, and as you grow I shall watch you and guide you. I will be your protector, if you would have me Asherah.'

He bows his head and places his sword in front of him, striking it into the ground while going to his knees. 'Let me be your protector. Grant me this honor.'

Asherah stands before him and reaches down with her hand. She places her fingers under his chin lifting him up. 'It would be my honor to have you sir, to protect me.'

Father pulls a small pocket watch out of his robe and looks at it. 'We should prepare. The Norak will be coming soon, and once more your journey will begin Asherah.'

Asherah smiles 'The Norak will be coming soon. I have longed to see him since we arrived safely back home.'

Jardirosh says 'Then let us gather some things, and you should find a better outfit. The journey ahead of us will be long and hard and the gown you are wearing is so beautiful. You should leave it here for when you return, so that once your journey is done and victory is ours you can wear it again in all its beauty... and all of yours.'

Asherah shyly smiles 'You have such kind words for me.'

Jardirosh bows 'It is you who is kind.'

Father, Jardirosh, and Asherah head back to the inner palace. Jardirosh helps her find something more suitable to wear along her adventure.

Asherah is dressed in what appears to be a light pink leather armor. Snug in fit, not too bulky or overbearing, it fits her perfectly.

Jardirosh says 'Here, the sword I have given you. Take it, and remember what you have learned. We shall practice with it as we come to rest along our journey. I shall teach you more.'

Father enters the chamber 'The Norak will be arriving in some time. For now Asherah you should rest. They journey ahead of us will be long.'

Asherah sits down on a large pink sofa chair 'I am kind of tired. Maybe if I just close my eyes for a moment...'

Asherah drifts slowly off to sleep. Jardirosh and Father stand watching her.

Father says to Jardirosh 'I hope you know what you are getting into. The enemies who seek her are powerful. Eternal Death, the Bishberrin, the Vorak... they will stop at nothing to gain the power Asherah possesses within her.'

Father's face turns stern 'Tell me Jardirosh, do you seek that power too? Or is it something else you seek?'

Jardirosh replies 'I only seek to serve her, with all that I am. You need not fret, I would never betray someone so beautiful and so kind. Not for all the wealth or power within the layer or all the existences.'

Father smiles 'I was hoping you would say that.' He reaches out and pats Jardirosh on the shoulder 'We are going to need all our strength for this journey.'

In My Dreams...

Asherah is fast asleep lost deep within a dream where she is wandering through an endless gray wasteland. There is no life, no mountains... nothing but ash.

She calls out 'Father? Jardirosh? Where are you?'

Asherah stops to listen. She can hear a voice upon the wind speaking in a strange language she does not recognize. She calls out again 'Who is there? Answer me, who are you?'

Then the ash before her feet begins to swirl. As it rises up it becomes blinding and Asherah falls backward. When the ash settles there is a black being standing before her. He reaches out with one hand and in a strange language speaks to her.

Asherah cries out 'I do not understand! Who are you?'

The wind picks up and ash blows harder and harder. The being moves towards her, his hand reaching towards her face. She can feel his fingers under her chin. He speaks again 'Find me.'

Just then the being fades away and crumbles into ash. Asherah opens her eyes. She is startled and almost falls out of the chair where she was resting.

Jardirosh catches her 'Are you okay?'

Asherah replies 'Just a dream. A dream that frightened me so deeply. There was a being there, a dark being.'

Father is sitting across the room smoking his pipe. He glances over and asks 'What kind of being Asherah? Describe this being to me.'

Asherah answers 'In the dream there was nothing but ash. And a being rose out of the ash. His skin black as night, his eyes red, and these tentacles coming from his body. I felt fear...'

Jardirosh's eyes then widen as he looks at Father. Asherah asks 'Who is he? Do you know who he is?'

Father tips his pipe and then rises from the chair. He stands over close to the fire with his back to Asherah and Jardirosh. 'He was known as Judgement the Lord of the Damned. In this layer we knew him as Atherak.'

An angry look crosses Jardirosh's face 'And why would she be dreaming of him?'

Father shakes his head 'I do not know. Atherak burned away long long ago. He is gone.'

Jardirosh says 'And good riddance. It's just a dream.' He turns his face towards Asherah 'You'll be alright.'

Asherah says 'I was terrified. I felt fear within me. He asked me to find him.'

Father turns and speaks in a stern voice 'It is just a dream child. And that is impossible. Atherak burned away at the end of the first judgement, he is no more. Only his myrrdonite remain within the borderlands.'

Asherah bows her head 'That horrible place of suffering. All those within it, I can feel the suffering of those who are there now.' A single tear rolls down her cheek.

Then a voice is heard 'Yes it is a place of suffering Asherah, and I have recently come from there myself.'

Asherah stands from her chair and turns, the voice is familiar. It is the voice of the Norak. She smiles then rushes forward and embraces him and he embraces her in return. 

Asherah says 'I was so worried, I thought you had died. Oh when Jardirosh told me you still lived, I have been waiting to see you again my friend. I'm sorry, I'm sorry I lost the shard.'

The Norak replies 'You did what was right Asherah. That shard is beyond their reach now. But there are two more, and you must gain them before our enemies do. I have spoken to Amler -'

He is cut off by Jardirosh who says 'Amler? He's in on this? Why? What does he want? He can't be trusted, no myrrdonite can be trusted.'

The Norak says 'What happened, happened long ago Jardirosh. And your kind... Even though you were a young child then, your kind made their choice.'

Jardirosh who was taking a drink from a chalice slams it down on the table 'And the myrrdonites made theirs!' Asherah watches in concern as he turns and leaves the room.

The Norak then continues 'I have spoken to Amler, he was able to tell me where the next shard is. It is at the furthest existence of this layer, at the end of it. It is actually in the possession of a collector, Maquardian.'

Father laughs 'Of all places, with the shard in Maquardian's hands he will not give it up so easily.'

The Norak replies 'He is a collector. And as one who relishes in valuable and rare objects. It will not be easy to obtain it from him.'

Asherah says 'But we must try. Is this Maquardian a wicked being?'

Father answers 'He is neutral, not kind nor cruel. Just a being of profit and treasures. We will need to have something great to trade him. Something that will appeal to him.'

Asherah searches her chamber and finds a beautiful necklace with a large pink gem. She reaches for it and takes it within her hand. 'Maybe this will convince him to trade us.'

Father walks over and examines the necklace 'Are you sure you wish to part with this?'

Asherah replies 'I have no memory of it. And if we are able to gain the shards I seek by trading it, then I will gain more than what this necklace means to me.'

Father smiles 'Hmm, I'm sure we can persuade Maquardian to trade.'

The Norak says 'Yes, and I have some things too that I can throw in on the deal.' He reaches into a satchel that is on the side of his belt and pulls out small Rephraxi crystals.

Father's eyes light up 'Oh, with those and this he will surely trade us the shard.'

The Norak continues 'Good, we should all get some rest this evening and then travel upon the morrow and make our plans. It will be a long journey Asherah.'

Asherah says 'I am not quite tired yet. But please, you and Father make yourselves at home here. You are welcome.'

The Norak sits down in the large pink chair and sighs in relief 'Ah, this is quite comfortable. Thank you Asherah.'

Asherah looks at both him and Father, then leaves the chamber. She walks down to the shore where Jardirosh is staring out across the Eternal Sea.

Jardirosh says 'Myrrdonite, Amler, Atherak... it's all coming back now.'

Asherah looks at him with puzzled expression and asks 'What is coming back?'

Jardirosh turns to her, she can see tears in his eyes 'My past, a past I have been running from for so long. A past I thought I could forget.'

With a wave of his hand creates an illusion out of the water, Asherah watches. 'Long ago, before the first judgement in the original thirteen existences. In the realm of my people, my people were great warriors. We strove in the warrior tradition, we were honorable.

Then came the time of beings from other existences, the Savage Gods. We fought against them, but to a stalemate. Neither side making ground, neither side overcoming the other.

I was just a young boy, my mother and father were the King and Queen of my kind.'

As Asherah watches the image she can see young Jardirosh standing beside his parents who are sitting upon their thrones.

Jardirosh continues 'I remember the day when the faceless being came...'

In the illusion Asherah watches as a strange faceless being enters their throne room.

Jaridosh's mother the Queen asks 'Ashoweah, why have you come here?'

Ashoweah replies 'I think you know why. You know exactly why I have come. Your kind needs help. The Savage Gods are gaining strength.'

Jardirosh's father the King then speaks 'We can handle them, they have not yet broken through to our realm.'

Ashoweah laughs 'So confident aren't you, great King and Queen. But the Savage Gods have made new alliances. They plan to bear down upon you with full force. You, all your kind, even your precious children, your son... will be devoured by them. However, I offer an alternative.

Serve me and the Savage Gods shall never set foot within your realm. I can see to that. For you see, and it is well known that the Savage Gods fear me. They have never tried to personally go against me, none of them. Serve me and they shall never lay waste to your realm, if they do try, they will feel my wrath.'

The King and Queen speak quietly with each other for a moment as Ashoweah waits. Young Jardirosh listens in.

His mother says 'Ashoweah is powerful.'

His father replies 'But you know what it means to serve him. He is no greater good than the Savage Gods themselves. He is a conqueror of realms and existences.'

Jaridosh's mother responds 'Better to be on that side then have him turn against us. We would not dare fight Ashoweah and the Savage Gods at once. It is better to be on his side.'

The King sighs 'You are right my dear, as always.'

The Queen then smiles at him and asks 'Then tell me my love, why do you look so sad?'

The King replies 'My heart breaks for all the lives that we will have to take under Ashoweah. But if it is to save our own, to protect our kind and our son, then I will follow you my Queen, to whatever end.'

The King and Queen then turn their attention back to Ashoweah. The Queen rises 'Ashoweah, we find your words to be true and trustworthy. We shall serve you, as long as you keep your word that the Savage Gods shall never come down upon our realm.'

Ashoweah replies 'I will keep my word to you. I am in need of your armies, your skills. I am in need of you and your King.'

The King then says 'Then let us uphold our new alliance.'

Jardirosh then speaks to Asherah 'Some time went by...'

He shows other images of his mother and father. Them kissing him goodbye as they went with Ashoweah to conquer other realms and existences.

Jardirosh says 'I miss them. For a time I was all alone, but I remember. My last memory of them I wish to forget.'

He waves his hand and an image appears. It is that of his home realm. There the armies of his kind, including his mother and father themselves are gathered. Ashoweah stands behind them.

Jardirosh says 'That day will be burned into my memory forever...'
Across the field in the image stands a lone dark black figure. Asherah recognizes him as the one from her dreams.

She hears Jardirosh's mother cry out towards the being 'Foul creature. You have come to meet your end. For you will find that the Nongdira are not so easily conquered, and not so easily judged by you!'

His mother raises her sword 'Warriors of Nongdira, let us show this being true honor! Let us strike him down and send him back to whatever abyss he came from!'

Young Prince Jardirosh is standing by Ashoweah.

Atherak speaks 'So you side with Malice and Cruelty. And you have shown your cruelty. Come then, let me show you my Judgement.'

Jardirosh's mother and father wave their swords as his mother cries out 'Send him back to the abyss he came from!'

The armies of The King and Queen charge forward, thousands of them surround the dark being Atherak.

Atherak says 'So many, so many of you have given in to malice and have preyed upon the innocent. I judge you all.'

Atherak raises his hand and black spikes come up from the ground impaling the army.

Young Jardirosh cries out as Ashoweah holds him back. He pleads with Ashoweah 'We must help them! My mother, my father, my people!'

Ashoweah stands silent for a moment then says 'They made their choice, and they face Judgement. And judgement they now have.'

Ashoweah turns and opens a portal then steps through. He looks back 'Good luck to you.' Jardirosh tries to follow him as the portal closes but it shuts.

Across the field Jardirosh can see Atherak holding his mother and father by the throat in each hand.

He listens as Atherak speaks 'So great King and Queen, you have brought your own kind to ruin. You chose Malice and Cruelty instead of fighting to the bitter end. You could have chosen differently, but you did not. And I am here to deliver your final judgement.'

Jardirosh goes running across the field screaming for his mother and father. He watches as his mother looks back. Dark energy flows through them, his mother and father wither away to ash.

All around him the rest of his kind who are impaled also wither. All the warriors are gone. Jardirosh runs to the piles of ash where his parents were, he reaches down with his hands and scoops them up. With tears in his eyes he looks up at Atherak.

Atherak looks down upon him 'Remember young Prince, they brought their own end, and their own judgement upon them. Go, go with the children of the rest of your kind, find a new home.'

Atherak places his hand upon Jardirosh's head 'The innocence is still within you child. Let it remain and we shall never meet again.'

Atherak then opens a rift and steps through. Jardirosh with tears streaming down his face looks up to see two other beings standing there... The myrrdonite Amler and Ahkra.

Amler looks down 'Such a young one, and how he suffers so much.'

Ahkra says 'This child will grow to hate us, but in time he will find what will fulfill and end his suffering.'

Amler nods 'That he will, young Prince.' The two myrrdonite open rifts and step through.

The image on the water of the Eternal Sea fades as a tear falls from Jardirosh's eye.

Jardirosh says 'I know my parents and all the warriors who followed them made their choice. I have traveled and learned of the cruelty that they unleashed upon others under Ashoweah. But they were still my parents, and I still loved them. I will never forgive the myrrdonite, not will I ever trust them Asherah.'

Asherah takes his hands then kisses him on the cheek. 'I understand. I can feel the pain and suffering within you. Will you trust me?' She looks into his eyes as he stares deeply into hers.

Jardirosh takes her hands in his 'You are the only one I trust.' They embrace and look out across the Eternal Sea.

True Self Connection...
https://www.facebook.com/groups/trueselfconnection/

Popular posts from this blog

How Mind Power Makes Life More Difficult

Release of Set: Egyptian God of Chaos

Asherah Aphrodite in Midgard