Book of Aphrodite Chapter 11


The real history of Aphrodite setting the mythology straight. This chapter includes her marriage to Hephaestus and their child Hermaphrodite.

Aphrodite, Zeus, King Yserah, Poseidon, and some emissaries from the council go to the Void realm. They walk through the streets of the Void kingdom.

Most of the citizens live in fear and shy away from them. They hide in their homes, lock their doors, and close their windows.

The main presence is that of the Void army. They roam the streets to weed out dissenters of the King. They drag them to him where he judges them without mercy.

Aphrodite covers her mouth in shock as the group nears the entrance to the Void palace. There are dismembered body parts scattered upon the palace steps.

Poseidon says 'Do not look, sister.'

King Yserah says 'Has the Void King completely lost his mind? This is an atrocity he commits upon his own people.'

Zeus says 'It is said these ones were executed today. They only thought of their King's goodwill. They believed he had fallen ill and the King took it as treachery.'

Their small group of emissaries goes up the steps and the large gates open. In the grand hall, they see more impaled Void beings with their limbs cut off. Some of them are still alive.

The Void King sits upon the throne 'You are welcome to my kingdom. Emissaries of the great houses and pantheons, step forward and be received in my glory.'

The group steps forward. The Void King seems twisted. He looks like a void elf, but decrepit in a way. He has large dark circles around his eyes.

Aphrodite and Poseidon stare at him. The Void King takes notice of Poseidon's glare.

Void King says 'What are you looking at boy? Haven't you ever seen such glory and majesty before you?'

Poseidon recovers himself 'I simply marvel at your grace.'

The Void King looks at Aphrodite. 'Aren't you a pretty one. Tell me, have you brought her as a present? Is this a gift and a sign of goodwill?'

Aphrodite is shocked at this. How could he dare mistake her for a concubine?!

She speaks 'I am no gift! I am Asherah Aphrodite of the Olympians. I am the Goddess of Love and Beauty. I am not a tool or anything to be traded.'

Void King laughs 'You are a spiteful one, but I enjoy your strength. You seem to stand up. If you were any other concubine I would have you lashed and your tongue cut out.'

This makes Poseidon angry and he starts to step forward. Aphrodite grabs his hand knowing that any actions here could lead to worse consequences and a falling out with the Void realm.

King Yserah says 'We are here for diplomacy. We wish to bring the Void back to the council. Long has your presence been absent.'

Void King replies 'Why would I want to go there with those sniveling Light cowards?

It seems the great houses and pantheons always bend to their ways. They wage war upon us and slaughter my kind in the millions.

They know nothing of the Void. All they wish is to stomp out darkness. For too long the houses and pantheons have supported the Light in this.

You turn your eyes to me as if I were some malice and evil to be dealt with. All of you sway toward the Light. There would never have been light without darkness. In the beginning of all things, there was darkness.

Without the Void, nothing can exist, and I am the Void. See those around you who dare question my position. These ones spoke ill of me, questioning my right to the crown and throne.'

Aphrodite says 'They only wish for your good health and you punish them in such ways?'

Void King says 'Oh the pretty face speaks again. As you can see I am in perfect health. To let you know something about ruling a kingdom, that is one thing that your subjects use when they grow tired of you or you aren't giving them their way. They question your well being. Well, little flower, do I look sick to you?'

Aphrodite stares blankly at the Void King and says nothing.

Zeus intervenes 'Great King of the Void, your Highness, I -'

Void King interrupts 'You what? You wish to call me something? You can call me your Majesty, King of the Void, or any of my other titles.

Mighty Lord of the Olympians, quit wasting my time and tell me exactly why you have come. Diplomacy? You say you wish for the Void to return to the council.'

King Yserah says 'There is an ever growing darkness. The Bentian make moves to undo everyone in the realms. They will come for you soon enough to usurp your kingdom and take your crown. They are friends to no one and enemies to all.'

Void King laughs 'Ha, I do not fear this little squabble of a pathetic group. The Bentian, what power do they know within the darkness? I am the darkness. I am the Void.

You have persuaded me. As long as you can guarantee me that my ambassadors will not be humiliated by the Light once again inside the council chambers. Then I will agree, the Void will return to the council and be represented by my nephew Umbranathor.'

A void unicorn enters in beside the throne and changes into a humanoid form. Aphrodite remembers Umbranathor from before. He sees her and they glare at each other.

Void King says 'You hear that Umbranathor? You are going back to the council.'

He grabs his nephew by the cloak and pulls him close to whisper in his ear. 'If you let that wretched Light insult me again, I will impale you and cut you limb from limb.'

Umbranathor says 'I will never let them insult the Void again uncle.'

The Void King releases him then stands. 'Good, now come. You are my guests of honor. My palace is yours, feel free to wander about. But do not leave it.

Do not go into the city or any other parts of the Void. If you do, I will consider our agreement here today null and VOID. Hahahaha.'

The King laughs at his pun. The group looks at each other and laugh with him to amuse him. Aphrodite elbows Poseidon in the side and he starts to laugh as well.

Void King says 'I have arranged entertainment. Come with me, my guests.'

Aphrodite steps forward 'Excuse me, your grace, I am afraid we got off on the wrong foot. I apologize for any rudeness I may have shown.'

Void King smiles 'That's fine there little flower, I like your spitefulness. It shows strength.'

Aphrodite asks 'Do you have a library here? I am most intrigued by the Void realm. It is fascinating to me and I wish to learn all the history of it.'

The Void King is enticed by this. He steps down closer to her and places his arm around her shoulders. 'Ah, I have the grandest library in all the realms. You are fascinated by the history of the Void. This impresses me.'

He signals for a female void elf servant and she bows.

Void King says 'Take this one to the library and show her my grand collection. She wishes to learn about the Void.'

The female void elf servant says 'Yes your majesty.'

Aphrodite asks 'Is it alright if my brother Poseidon comes with me?'

Void King says 'Yes, of course.'

Poseidon joins Aphrodite at her side. The Void King grabs the female servant by her arm and pulls her close.

Void King says 'If you lose sight of them, I will have the army rape you. Then I will have your head mounted on a plate in front of my throne.'

The frightened servant says 'I will not lose sight of them, your majesty.'

Void King says 'Good then. You others come, I have such sights to show you.' The others follow the Void King and Umbranathor.

Aphrodite and Poseidon follow the servant to the library. She unlocks the door and they enter.

The library is not as grand as the Void King boasted. It seems unkempt and there is dust everywhere.

The servant says 'I shall be waiting right outside.'

Aphrodite and Poseidon look around the library.

Poseidon whispers 'I found something over here, look.'

There is a hidden passage behind a large bookcase.

Aphrodite says 'If we leave out of here the servant will surely tell the King, but I have an idea.'

She reaches into her bag and pulls out two small mirror orbs. She hands one to her brother. 'Here, take this.'

Aphrodite speaks an incantation and when she is finished there are mirror images standing next to them.

The mirror images go to work looking around the library reading books and scrolls.

Poseidon slides the bookcase over enough for them to go through the passage and descend down a dark staircase.

They enter a large chamber with paintings along the walls. The mural moves and changes. Aphrodite and Poseidon stare at this strangely.

On the other side of the Void capital, the Void King and Umbranathor are with the other guests. He presents a gladiator competition.

Void King says 'These are captives, dissenters, and traitors. Now they will fight for their freedom.'

The gladiatorial combat is brutal. At some time in, the Void King stands and seems to be shaking.

Void King says 'You will have to excuse me. I need to take care of something. My nephew Umbranathor will answer any questions you have. Please enjoy the festivities.' He hurries away.

Aphrodite and Poseidon go down a long dark corridor. They discover several small windows with bars and look through.

In these small rooms, they see horrid sights. Skin hanging from walls, hooks of flesh, half-starved beings in small cages. The smell of death is everywhere.

Poseidon looks through a window and quietly signals for Aphrodite to come and look. They stare into a small room and see the Void King enter.

Two servants drag in a small void elf boy and shackle him beneath a strange painting on the wall. The young boy whimpers and seems very weak like he has been starved.

The Void King removes his robe. His body is scarred. There on a small table are knives and a whip.

He cuts himself across the chest and then lashes the boy with the whip beating him to death.

Aphrodite watches in horror as the Void King skins the young void elf boy. He takes the skin and places it over his head then speaks in a strange language.

The painting on the wall opens into a strange rift. Black tentacles with heads and sharp razor jaws come forth and bite into the Void King's chest.

The Void King is in pain for a moment and then laughs in delight. 'My flesh is yours. I offer you the sacrifice of blood and flesh.'

The coils sink deeper into him. With his other hand, he takes the whip and flogs his back. Blood is all over the floor.

There is a loud knock at the door. The coils release and slip back into the rift.

The Void King is disgruntled. He puts his robe back on and says 'What are you disturbing me for? This better be important!'

A guard says 'Your majesty, the games have ended and the emissaries from the council are awaiting you.'

Void King opens the door 'Come with me, bring me a new robe.' He leaves and the rift remains open.

Aphrodite says 'This is unusual, I have seen these rifts before. The same kind Saurzon came through. We have to get in there and see where it leads.'

Poseidon wraps his hands around the bars trying to break them free, but it is no use.

Aphrodite says 'Wait, I have an idea for this.'

She reaches into her bag and pulls out a vial of blue liquid. She pours it on the bars and they turn into ice. Poseidon breaks through them with a stroke of his arm.

They both crawl inside the room and look on the floor at the skinned body of the void elf boy.

Poseidon says 'This King is mad. We must inform Zeus and King Yserah about this.'

Aphrodite walks up to the strange rift and touches it. A strange feeling goes through her left hand.

Poseidon says 'Maybe we shouldn't go in there.'

Aphrodite says 'We have to find out where it leads.'

She starts to step into the rift, Poseidon grabs her arm and pulls her back.

Poseidon says 'Let me go first then.'

He steps into the rift and disappears. Aphrodite follows and steps through to the other side.

She does not see Poseidon. A dark mist is blowing all over. She is lost and Poseidon is lost to her as well.

Aphrodite calls out to her brother but cannot find him. She feels weary and lightheaded. She cannot see the rift anymore, it has vanished.

As she wanders looking for her brother she hears voices. She walks toward them and listens closely. In the distance, she sees three figures.

Aphrodite recognizes two of them, they are Moonstone and Saurzon. The third figure is a mutilated being named Oxzian. He is the Myrrdonite Count of Pain and has one of the three puzzle pieces.

Oxzian opens his hand and turns to Saurzon 'I shall give you the piece back.' A strange puzzle object floats around Saurzon.

Oxzian continues 'We must be ready, the conqueror of existences is coming. We will bring him forth and this realm will fall into malice. He will reward our efforts. We will stand by his side as this whole existence and all the realms fall before our great master.'

Moonstone says 'As soon as the master arrives, these pathetic realms and the kings and queens that rule them will fall. They will know true power and I will have Alfheim, Jotunheim, and the other heim realms at my mercy. The master has promised me this.'

Saurzon says 'Alfheim you can have. Valinor shall be mine. I will crush the Vala.'

Oxzian says angrily 'Silence! You speak too much. We are not alone.'

He looks in Aphrodite's direction. She realizes that she has been discovered.

Moonstone says 'I know this one.'

Saurzon replies 'I know her as well. It is that meddling Olympian Aphrodite.'

Oxzian says 'Kill her.'

Aphrodite runs as Moonstone and Saurzon chase after her. She runs deep into the dark mist and does not know which way to go.

She senses someone approaching. She turns and she sees the silhouette of Moonstone through the mist.

Moonstone says 'Come child, there is nothing to fear. I won't cause you any pain. I will make it quick on you.'

Aphrodite takes a deep breath and runs again. Something catches her leg and she falls.

Moonstone laughs 'Trapped, like a little rabbit.'

She looks down to see a black coil wrapped around her ankle. It is pulling her toward Moonstone. She reaches her hands deep into the sand trying to grab onto anything she can.

Aphrodite feels weak and her consciousness starts to fade in and out. Just then something slices down on the coil and it breaks free.

Moonstone yells 'How dare you interfere! No guardian of any existence shall stop me from taking her life.'

Aphrodite looks up and sees a winged figure clad in black armor with a dark black helm. This Ourhkina stands between her and Moonstone.

Coils come from the puzzle piece Moonstone commands. The Ourhkina moves quickly and cuts through them and then sends a blinding fire knocking Moonstone back.

Aphrodite passes out but can feel herself being lifted up. Moonstone regains himself and discovers the Ourhkina and Aphrodite are gone. Saurzon and Oxzian join him by his side.

Oxzian says 'You let her get away. She could ruin our plans.'

Moonstone says 'She hasn't gotten away from me yet. I know what she holds precious to her and it is not with her. She left her child there on Olympus all alone with the one whose face you melted Saurzon.'

Saurzon chuckles 'Ah, the one who saved her beauty.'

Moonstone says 'I will have my assassins go there. They will kill her young child. She will no longer be a problem for us, she will be too deep in mourning.'

Poseidon wanders through the dark mist calling out his sister's name. He turns to see a Ourhkina clad in black armor holding Aphrodite in his arms.

Poseidon makes himself ready 'Let her go, do not hurt her!'

The Ourhkina does not reply. Poseidon grabs his sword and flings it at him. The Ourhkina moves aside and the sword flies into the mist.

Poseidon goes for his dagger 'I told you, let her go!'

The Ourhkina still does not speak. As Poseidon moves forward he feels himself restrained by his ankles and wrists. Black coils have wrapped around him.

Xarsha speaks from behind him 'You should be more careful. He is saving her life. You are attacking one who would smite you with a single stroke.'

Poseidon turns to see a bone-faced Myrrdonite.

Xarsha says 'You two should not be here.'

Poseidon asks 'Who are you? What do you want with us?'

Xarsha says 'Who we are is no concern to you. We fight the same enemy. You and the great houses and pantheons, you face an enemy you do not understand.'

Poseidon says 'And you Ourhkina, who are you?'

Xarsha says 'His name cannot be revealed to protect from what we are trying to fight against. If it was known then everything we have foreseen would come to an end.

All our plans to help you and your pantheons and houses save your existence would be gone with the revealing of our identities.'

The Ourhkina goes to one knee while still holding Aphrodite. He places his hand over her forehead and light shimmers from it.

The coils release from around Poseidon and he stands more calmly. The Ourhkina walks over and hands Aphrodite to him and Poseidon takes her in his arms.

Xarsha says 'She will recover, but you should return soon. Your presence here has not gone unnoticed. Go now.'

With a wave of his hand, a rift opens and Poseidon steps through carrying Aphrodite.

Xarsha steps forward to the Ourhkina. 'You must keep your eye on them. The young Asherah knows more about the danger than the houses and pantheons. They may come for her.'

The Ourhkina EinossArku says 'I sense her role in things is much larger than I had foreseen.'

Xarsha says 'Her future is just beginning. In time my friend, you will see what I have seen.'

Poseidon brings Aphrodite into the main audience hall of the Void palace. There he sees the group of emissaries and the Void King.

Yserah and Zeus rush up to Poseidon. Zeus takes Aphrodite in his arms and asks 'What has happened?'

Poseidon angrily steps aside from Zeus and makes his way to the Void King. He grabs the King and throws him to the floor.

Poseidon sits on top of him 'You sick sadistic bastard!' He strikes the Void King in the face. 'You murderer!'

King Yserah steps forward and has some of his guards restrain Poseidon. 'What is going on? What have you done Poseidon?'

Poseidon says 'He is in league with them. We saw it all, Aphrodite and I witnessed everything. We saw him in a room and he opened a rift. He killed a young boy. We went into the rift when he was distracted. On the other side, it led to the borderlands.'

Aphrodite regains herself and Zeus gently sets her down on her feet but still holds her close.

Zeus asks 'Are you alright Aphrodite?'

Aphrodite says 'Yes, I think so.'

King Yserah says 'Asherah, tell us what happened.'

Aphrodite says 'Everything Poseidon was speaking of is true. Through the rift, I saw Moonstone and Saurzon. They were with someone else. Moonstone tried to kill me.'

King Yserah asks 'How did you get away?'

Aphrodite answers 'Poseidon found me and we escaped back through the rift. It led us here.'

Poseidon gives her an odd look but realizes she is trying to keep a secret of something.

The Void King stands up 'This is an intrusion! Get out of my kingdom! We will have no peace between you and the Void.

These are lies. All lies. Now you accuse me saying I am mad! Leave now or I will have you all disemboweled and impaled!'

King Yserah says 'I think we should leave now.'

Void King says 'As for you who struck me, I will have your head!'

Poseidon looks at him 'Come and get it.'

Zeus places his arm around Poseidon and brings him back to the group as they leave.

The Void King stands there yelling at his servants 'Get me my physicians! Stitch this wound!' This is for a wound on his face where Poseidon hit him.

The emissary group returns to Olympus. They are greeted by guards who seem anxious.

Guard says 'Lady Aphrodite, someone tried to enter your villa.'

Aphrodite panics 'Who?'

Guard says 'It appears to be two assassins.'

Aphrodite cries out 'Baal!' She takes off running. Poseidon, Zeus, and King Yserah follow her.

The Guard tries to call out to her 'Wait, my lady!'

The panic and fear of what might have happened to her son drive her to keep running. She will not rest until she sees him well. If he is dead, she will punish any and all who have harmed him.

As Aphrodite runs up to her villa, she sees her caretaker standing there holding Baal in her arms. She rushes up to see her son unscathed.

Aphrodite takes Baal in her arms and hugs him tight and kisses him. 'I was so worried. What happened?'

Hephaestus walks out the door of the villa. He is gashed badly in his shoulder. He says 'Two assassins came out of nowhere. I was working on the room for Baal when I heard the caretaker scream. I rushed in and one of them slashed me in the shoulder. I killed both of them with my hammer.'

Aphrodite goes up to Hephaestus and hugs him. She kisses him on the cheek and says 'Thank you so much. Thank you for protecting him. I owe you everything.'

A few royal guards carry off the bodies of the dead assassins. Zeus says 'We will get to the bottom of who did this. I will make them pay for this attempt on your son's life.'

Young Baal has tired out from the commotions of the day. Aphrodite places him on her bed for a nap.

She turns to Hephaestus and tells him to sit. He sits down in a chair.

Aphrodite says 'Let's take care of that wound.' She cleans and dresses it.

She asks him every now and then 'Did that hurt? I hope I am not hurting you.'

Hephaestus says 'No, your touch is gentle. As you are.'

Hephaestus tells her 'Lady Aphrodite, you are so beautiful and so kind. I must be hideous to you.'

Aphrodite touches his face 'Beauty is found within.'

Hephaestus drops to his knees 'I know I am not the bravest or strongest warrior. I am not the wisest or most skilled in magic.

But these hands, these hands would build you a kingdom. I come before you humbly, and ask for your hand in marriage.'

Aphrodite pauses for a moment, this is overwhelming to her. As she looks into his eyes she knows he would be a good husband. He would be a good father to Baal. He would always protect her and her son.

Aphrodite answers 'I will marry you Hephaestus.' They both kiss and embrace.

Their engagement is known throughout Mount Olympus and many are joyful.

Zeus asks if he may be the one to give Aphrodite's hand in marriage to Hephaestus. She agrees to this.

The wedding is grand and beautiful. It takes place upon the stairs of the great temple.

There Zeus brings Aphrodite forth to Hephaestus. King Yserah officiates the wedding.

When the ceremony is complete, Aphrodite and Hephaestus kiss newly joined in marriage.

There is a grand feast that goes late into the evening. Baal is sitting with Aphrodite and her new husband and he falls asleep in her arms.

Hephaestus takes him for a moment and says 'I will take him back home so he may rest.'

Aphrodite touches his arm 'I will take him, please enjoy. I won't be too long. I will just let my caretaker know.'

She gathers Baal in her arms and kisses Hephaestus on the head. Then she makes her way back down to her villa.

When she enters inside, she sees a familiar figure sitting in a chair. It is Yahweh. The caretaker enters the room and Aphrodite hands Baal to her.

Yahweh says 'So you are married now.'

Aphrodite says sternly 'I came to you with your son. You denied him and have kept away all this time. You never tried to come to me. If you loved me and wished for my hand in marriage, then you would have come to me. Instead, you left me with your son all alone.'

Yahweh says 'You didn't understand. You don't know what it is like. I could never belong here. You could never belong in my realm, where I will go back to. I loved you more than anything. Everything I did for you. Now you have shown me that I was a fool.'

Aphrodite looks at him with tears in her eyes. 'Maybe I was a fool. However, Baal is still your son.'

Yahweh looks over at Baal in the caretaker's arms. 'He is no son of mine.' He pushes past Aphrodite and leaves the villa.

The caretaker says 'You are better off now. He will come to terms one day.'

Aphrodite says 'Maybe one day he will.'

The caretaker says 'I will take care of Baal and tuck him in. You should return to your husband.'

Aphrodite goes back to the celebration. That night, she and Hephaestus return to the villa and make love. From this, a child will be born. That child is Hermaphrodite.

As Aphrodite and Hephaestus sleep in bed, her mind wanders to different things. The Ourhkina and the strange being she keeps seeing in her dreams.

She sets those aside from her thoughts, for she is now married to a good husband. A loving and kind Olympian God.

The Natural Sentials...

Aphrodite has the appearance of about 24 in Midgard years. The Bentian War continues on. There are rumors that the Nether and Void rekindled their old alliances.

Zeus names Aphrodite as ambassador to the Olympian pantheon. She meets with many kings and queens of the different realms.

Aphrodite's duties keep her busy and away much of the time. Hephaestus proves to be a loyal husband and a good father.

Hermaphrodite is born and Baal grows older. Hephaestus manages the household and even does the cooking. He takes care of both children. Teaching them and guiding them.

Aphrodite allowed him to add-on a small blacksmith shop on the land of the villa. There the children watch him craft swords, spears, armor, and jewelry. Their household upon Mount Olympus is a peaceful one.

There is a presence of more and more Ourhkina who have expanded themselves across the realms to keep order.

Aphrodite still thinks of the Ourhkina clad in the black armor. She has seen him a few times before, but his identity eludes her.

Is he friend or foe? She does not believe him to be an enemy secretly working with the Bentian. He is simply not on the side of any. Whatever business he has with the Myrrdonite in the borderlands, they speak of a great evil.

Still, a question looms in her mind. Aphrodite has a strong belief that these puzzle pieces must be tied to the borderlands. She feels their power is ancient, far beyond what is known among the realms.

No matter how much she researches, she cannot find anything about them. There is not much known about the borderlands except that it is ruled by the Myrrdonites and is a place for the wicked and damned.

Apollo arrives at her villa with a message. He is the personal messenger for Zeus because he is the fastest titan.

In case you are wondering, Hermes is not around in these memories. Maybe he is not born yet.

Apollo greets her 'Good day, Lady Aphrodite. I mean, Lady Asherah.'

Aphrodite smiles 'Whichever you prefer. I am quite busy, what message do you bring?'

Apollo gives her a golden scroll. She opens and reads through it.

Zeus has an assignment for her. He wants her to travel to the realm of the Natural Sentials, where the Pegasi, Unicorns, and others live.

There will be a meeting with Tia-Mat and it is important that Olympus be represented.

Aphrodite is excited 'Tia-Mat, the Mother of all Drakon. Most have rarely seen her. If I could have a private conversation with her. I know her wisdom goes back to the first times.

Maybe she would have some knowledge of these strange puzzle pieces. If the origin of their power is discovered then maybe there is a way to contain and stop it.'

Aphrodite prepares for her journey. She informs Hephaestus as she has many times before that he will be watching over the villa and the children. She kisses them goodbye then leaves with a royal escort.

Poseidon has been given the position of general within the Olympian army. Aphrodite has Artemis as her own personal escort and bodyguard.

Artemis waits for Aphrodite along with a small gathering of the royal guard. Traveling off to strange realms can be dangerous at times.

The Bentian do surprise attacks that come out of nowhere. They strike hard and fast before they disappear.

Aphrodite knows that under the watch of her friend Artemis, no harm will befall her. They go to the great temple where many portals to other realms have been opened.

Two unicorn guards clad in armor are there waiting for her. One of them says 'My name is Ukine, welcome Lady Aphrodite. I shall escort you to our realm.'

Aphrodite follows them to the realm of the Natural Sentials. The landscape is beautiful. From the trees, the great plains, to the high mountains.

The Natural Sentials are part natural and part sential. They are great beasts and animals that are wise in wisdom and magic.

They come to a place where beautiful white stones rise from the ground. There are carvings upon them which tell the tale of the realm's beginnings.

Many unicorns, pegasi, griffins, and other Natural Sentials have gathered. There are also ambassadors from other houses and pantheons.

The wind rises with the loud beating of thunder. Up in the sky is a large seven-headed dragon.

Aphrodite gazes in wonder at the sight. Tia-Mat is escorted by her son Kyrse and another emerald green dragon.

The meeting begins and there is discussion among the representatives. Tia-Mat abruptly interrupts and all her heads speak at once as a unified chorus.

Tia-Mat says 'My daughter Drexia has gone too far. She sides with a mad king. I heard that the Void King has aligned himself with the Bentian. I believe my daughter has done the same. It was I who chose to place her as Queen of the Nether. Now it is I who chooses to remove her.'

Tia-Mat focuses on Aphrodite 'Ah, it is Lady Asherah of the Olympians. I have heard of you. It is said it was you who uncovered the mad king's allegiance to the Bentian and his cruel and unjust ways among his people.'

Aphrodite bows 'Mother of all Drakon, this is true. I have also come seeking your guidance, if after the council I may speak with you alone. There is something urgent.'

A Griffin says 'If this urgent then you should share it with all of us.'

Tia-Mat says 'Secrets shall not be kept between alliances. Will you share with those who gathered here today?'

Aphrodite says 'Yes, I hoped to understand it more before I brought it forth. We must discover what these puzzle pieces are. They seem to empower those who have them. I was wishing to speak to you to see if you had any knowledge of it.'

A unicorn says 'Our wise ones have also thought the same of these pieces. It has been discussed among our house.'

A griffin says 'It has also been discussed in our house.'

It seems that this has been on the minds of all the great houses, not just her alone.

Tia-Mat speaks loudly and boldly 'Please all, quiet down. I believe Lady Asherah has something else she wishes to add.'

Aphrodite says 'I believe if we can find the source of these puzzle piece objects and uncover their true power, we may be able to find a way to disable them. The power that Moonstone and Saurzon possess flows through those pieces.'

A female pegasus steps forward 'My name is Narshia. We know of ones who came to us long ago from Jotunheim.

The one who speaks for them is known as Fundin. He told us he was once created by the dwarf Moonstone. Maybe he would have knowledge of these puzzle pieces.

The Rephrax crystal giants do not speak much. Fundin barely reveals any of their secrets.

I believe I could take Lady Asherah to them. This may help us uncover the origin of these objects and where they come from.'

Aphrodite travels with the pegasus Narshia across the realm. They come to a clear blue mountain almost like glass. 

Narshia says 'This mountain did not exist in our realm before the Rephrax crystal giants came. They seem to have made it.'

The Rephrax crystals giants are gathered in a large cavern hall formed inside the mountain.

When Aphrodite and Narshia walk in they all turn to glance at them. It seems as if they are studying their visitors. Aphrodite can feel their energy scanning her. After a few moments, they return to their work.

One of them steps forward and Narshia bows to greet him. 'Fundin, I brought Lady Asherah here. I believe you may be some help to her. She has questions about where you came from and the dwarf who made you.'

Fundin turns to stare at Aphrodite 'The dwarf who made me, Moonstone you mean.'

He turns his head to Narshia 'Is this what she wishes to know?'

Aphrodite says 'Yes, I heard he was the one who created you.'

Fundin turns his head to Aphrodite 'He gave me a body. Yes, this is true.'

Aphrodite asks 'Do you know anything about an object Moonstone may have acquired during your time with him?'

He turns his head to Narshia 'There was an object at one time. He uncovered it when he was looking for gems. But the puzzle piece he found that day turned all the gems to dust.

After some time, Moonstone was not himself. He would spend hours writing in books. The puzzle piece always sitting close to him. I have observed this.'

Aphrodite says 'Could you ever take us back there? If he has written in books then maybe some of it remains.'

Fundin turns his head to Aphrodite 'I can. Although I do not wish to travel back.'

Aphrodite asks 'Why not? Is there danger there for you?'

Fundin says 'No danger. The place is long forgotten and Moonstone covered it up when he left. He believed he failed in my creation. These are things which are part of my past. I move forward with my brothers, uncovering and discovering new things.'

Aphrodite asks 'Will you please take me there? I believe there are answers there to the questions I have.'

Fundin turns his head to Narshia 'I will take her there, but only she and I may go.'

Aphrodite smiles, she is so close now to uncovering the origins of these puzzle pieces. If Moonstone has written anything down then maybe it is there.

Fundin looks at Aphrodite 'Come.' She follows him deeper into the mountain. They come to a large crystal and he places his hand upon it.

Something swirls around the room. The room itself seems to fade away. It all starts to meld together and vanish as new surroundings appear.

Aphrodite and Fundin are inside an old workshop. Fundin takes his hand off the crystal when surroundings are fully formed.

Fundin says 'We are here.'

This must be the place where Moonstone created the Rephrax crystal giants. It was here he had the object puzzle piece, Aphrodite can sense it.

Aphrodite looks around the room. It seems the last time Moonstone was here, his failure must have driven him into a rage. There are turned over tables and it seems the place has been ransacked.

She looks through some of the books on a bookcase, but there is nothing out of the usual. She slides a few over and there beneath them is a small black book.

Aphrodite picks it up and opens it. It is written in a strange language she has never seen before and the inscriptions almost move. This language is thothilssin though she does not realize it at the time.

She looks at some of the illustrations in the book. As she turns the page she recognizes the strange black diamond-shaped object that floats in the borderlands.

Aphrodite continues to turn the pages and comes to a drawing of a being without a face. She stares at it and an inner terror stirs within her.

She places the book in her bag as she notices Fundin walk toward a dark corridor.

Aphrodite asks 'Fundin, is something wrong?'

Fundin points 'Something lurks down there.' He starts walking down the corridor.

Aphrodite calls out 'Fundin, wait.' She runs to catch up to him.

The corridor is dark, but Fundin glows brightly. Strange noises of snarls, growls, and shrieks echo through the dark hallways. They sound almost humanoid, but yet like beasts.

Aphrodite and Fundin get closer to the sounds. Suddenly Fundin puts his arm out to the side to motion her to stop. He dims his glow.

Aphrodite whispers 'What is it?'

Fundin says 'The one who made me is here, but he is not alone.'

He continues to walk forward. Aphrodite feels panic but does not want to leave Fundin.

Aphrodite follows him and whispers 'Fundin, we should leave.'

Fundin replies 'I must see.'

There in a chasm is a horrifying sight. It is the undead volwynn, these are the sounds they were hearing.

Fundin turns his head to the right and stares in the distance. Aphrodite looks to see what he is glaring at.

They see Moonstone and Saurzon. Aphrodite uses an incantation to amplify her hearing so she can listen in on what they are saying.

Moonstone says 'They are beautiful, aren't they? An endless army. These are only the first. Once I take Jotunheim there will be many more to add to the ranks. The Nether Queen and the Void King have promised us more.'

Saurzon says 'The Nether Queen has her own intentions.'

Moonstone says 'That she does, but the Nether Queen has now supplied us with another army. She sacrificed hundreds of thousands of her own Nether beings she rules over. Drexia has devoted herself to the master, as you and I have.'

Saurzon says 'When the master arrives, he will have an existence where he can rule over the many realms with an endless undead army to garrison and control it.'

Moonstone says 'Yes my friend, and you and I shall rule with him.'

Saurzon says 'However, the Ourhkina would stand in the way of any outside invasion into the realms.'

Moonstone chuckles 'Aye, they would. But the master has a plan to deal with the angelic guardians of the realms. He has shown me the future. The master has already laid the seed to all their demise.'

Saurzon says 'Then we shall forge with our master a new existence.'

Moonstone says 'Yes, and power will be ours.'

Saurzon says 'And the Jotunn Queen? I hear Frigia turns against you now. Volheim has withdrawn all its support.'

Moonstone says 'She will still try to regain her capital which is directly above us. When this is done, I will unleash this undead army upon them and the elf occupiers. Devouring them all and adding them to the ranks.'

A large undead bear steps forward and roars loudly. This was the Volwynn Chieftess Jaiddaka.

Moonstone chuckles 'The time has come, my pet. Soon you will devour those above.'

He reaches in his robe and pulls out the puzzle piece object. It floats above Jaiddaka and the rest of the undead volwynn. They all glow with energy.

Moonstone says 'I empower you to move swiftly and strongly. Not even the strongest of frostfires will burn you away. Jotunheim will be mine.'

Aphrodite is stunned, she must get back quickly. All in Jotunheim are in danger. As she watches the puzzle piece, she starts to feel pain in her head.

Fundin notices this, he looks at Aphrodite and then back at the puzzle piece object. 'It is trying to corrupt all around it, including you. I shall take you from here now.'

Fundin lifts Aphrodite up and touches a nearby stone. The surroundings of the dark chasm meld and fades away and then the blue glass cavern appears in its place.

The headache subsides and Aphrodite feels better. The pegasus Narshia who brought her there is still waiting.

Aphrodite goes to her 'We must hurry, Jotunheim is in danger. There is also an undead army in the Nether. The Bentian are stronger than we thought. It is urgent, I need to get this to the council.'

Aphrodite turns to Fundin 'Thank you. I could not have done this without you.'

Fundin nods 'Good luck to you. Remember, the pieces can corrupt even those who are purest in heart.'

Aphrodite leaves with Narshia to return to the council. Aphrodite informs them of what happened.

Tia-Mat is angry 'My daughter went too far this time. Her time is at an end, I have assured this. You must inform and make ready. Moonstone and Saurzon now control an endless army. All those who fall become their servants.'

The council is dismissed and they all make their way back to their realms.

On the way home, Artemis asks 'Do you believe they will strike Mount Olympus?'

Aphrodite says 'It is unpredictable. This power that Moonstone and Saurzon possess could be the end of us all. We must uncover the identity of this master they speak of.'

Artemis asks 'Where do you believe you will find this answer?'

Aphrodite says 'In the borderlands. That is where I must go. I need you to take a message to the Ourhkina Gabriel. Tell him I wish to speak with him in my villa as soon as possible.'

Artemis nods and leaves to deliver the message. Aphrodite returns to her villa. She smiles when she sees Hephaestus playing with both children.

Baal and Hermaphrodite run up and hug their mother. Hephaestus stands and walks over. He places his arms around Aphrodite and kisses her on the forehead.

Hephaestus says 'I hope all is well.'

Aphrodite embraces him 'There is something I must do for the sake of all of us. For our children and all beings across the realms.'

Hephaestus says 'I understand, I will be here and watch over them. Where will you journey?'

Aphrodite says 'I must go to a place where death rules over all. I must go to the borderlands.'

True Self Connection...
https://www.facebook.com/groups/trueselfconnection/

Popular posts from this blog

How Mind Power Makes Life More Difficult

Release of Set: Egyptian God of Chaos

Asherah Aphrodite in Midgard