Varidon and Nurbedon: Brothers in Blood


A true self past vision for Varidon begins. In the Void long ago a mother cries, she is giving birth. Her firstborn son Nurbedon stands at his mother's side holding her hand.

Her father, who was a head of household for great champions, died long ago. Grandfather to both children, Nurbedon stood in high respect of his Grandfather, who was a champion for many many years before retiring from the great arena of the Void.

The mother shrieks once more in anguish as the midwives help her bring a newborn child into the world. With all her might, she pushes and a small child comes forth. She can hear its cries.

The child is placed in the hands of his mother. She looks down on him and smiles 'Varidon,' she says 'I shall name him Varidon.'

Nurbedon looks at his small baby brother. He says to his mother 'I can sense he is already strong.'

Nurbedon looks down once more at his baby brother and says 'The many adventures you and I shall have. I cannot wait until he's old enough to walk, and we can run and play within the Void forests.'

His mother then places a hand upon Nurbedon's head 'There will come a time for that. But for now, you should continue your studies. Learn as much as you can. You will help guide your younger brother through the realm of the Void.

Please remember that you are his protector. You are also his teacher. Watch over him, and he in return will watch over you. He will always stand beside you. And together, the blood bond you will share will strengthen you both through whatever perils you may face.'

Nurbedon reaches down. Varidon grasps his finger in his hands. Nurbedon says 'We shall be brothers to the end.'

Some time passes. The brothers' mother has passed away. They are left under the care of their uncle, the mighty King Kurebon, who has taught them the many different ways of magic and how to shapeshift.

Varidon himself has taken upon the form of a Void Wolf. His brother Nurbedon has taken upon the form of a Void Unicorn.

They always study under Kurebon's guidance. Kurebon himself is a master magician. Very powerful in the arts of shapeshifting and Void magic.

His betrothed partner in ruling the kingdom is the ruthless and arrogant Umbranathor. Arrogant as he is, Umbranathor enjoys the games much as his counterpart Kurebon.

It is what the brothers have grown up into. For their family is known to come from a long line of champions in the arena. They train hard every day.

They kept their minds free of the politics that surround the Void and the other realms. They concentrate, even when they are invited to their uncle's dinner table and the issue of politics are being discussed, among other things.

Things of great power, objects that whoever holds them will hold power and sway over all. They speak of these politics in their neverending war against the Light realm.

Many friends from childhood of Varidon and Nurbedon who enlisted within the Void army never return. The brothers have been kept from military service, because of their family's bloodline of great arena champions.

The brothers train with each other. They are more than bonded by blood, but by friendship. Varidon has no dispute that Nurbedon is strong and skilled. Varidon himself does struggle, he strives to excel and become as great as his brother.

The time comes for his brother's first match. As Nurbedon is being outfitted by his brother Varidon, they speak to one another.

Varidon says to his brother 'Bring us victory. That our name can continue to reign throughout the arena and that of our house.'

Nurbedon places a hand upon his shoulder 'I will dear brother, and I shall wish you the same victory when your first match comes.'

The loud horns blow, and both Varidon and Nurbedon look up. They can hear the excitement of the crowd.

Nurbedon stands 'Until I return brother.' Varidon nods at him, and Nurbedon makes his way up to the arena.

There the royal houses gather along with many others. Powerful aristocrats within the Void realm. They watch as Nurbedon claims his first victory, and they chant his name and the name of his house, Kretian.

Nurbedon makes his way back down the tunnel beneath the arena. Varidon stands to greet him. They take the warriors embrace.

Varidon says 'Easy victory my brother.'

Nurbedon replies 'Yes. The first of many.'

Time goes by, and Nurbedon claims more and more victories. He also fights alongside his brother in a few double matches, in victory. Nurbedon's rise in fame does not go unnoticed by the current champion, the slayer of their grandfather, Beatrinn.

At the end of one of Nurbedon's matches, as he finishes his opponent, Beatrinn is within the audience. He jumps down and open-handedly strikes Nurbedon, knocking him into the ground.

Beatrinn spits at him 'You will never be a champion again. Your house shall never again hold the grand title as long as I stand. I challenge you.' He sits and waits in anticipation.

Nurbedon stands up angrily, getting ready to make his move when Kurebon and Umbranathor stand.

Kurebon speaks 'Then we shall set a match for the championship. For the right to claim who is Grandmaster of the Arena.'

Varidon rushes out to his brother's side. They look at the larger being, who is a Void troll. Void trolls are different than their cousins existing in other realms.

For their other troll cousins their intelligence is minimal. While Void trolls, absorbed in the power of Void magic, become strong and wise.

Varidon whispers in his ear 'You're not ready for this brother. You need to train much more. You are newly married, and your wife is with child. I would wait, brother. Wait until you have become more skilled. Beatrinn is a mighty champion, and very strong.'

Nurbedon grins as he stares up at Beatrinn, who has walked somewhat away, raising his arms to the crowd, as they cheer his name.

Nurbedon says 'I shall train, but I will not wait.'

Nurbedon then speaks aloud 'I accept your challenge! Within three cycles of the moons, I will stand here and I will reclaim what rightfully belongs to my house, to my grandfather. The title to Grandmaster of the Arena.'

Varidon is shocked by this but he remains silent. His brother Nurbedon then turns and walks away.

Beatrinn laughs 'And you will die.' Varidon turns and looks angrily at Beatrinn, who looks down upon him.

Beatrinn says 'Hmph. And what does the brother, who is nothing more than a boot cleaner, wish to say to me?'

Varidon stands and faces Beatrinn 'My brother will end your reign as Grandmaster of the Arena. I will be there on that day. You've dishonored my house, my family name. My brother will redeem that with your head.'

Beatrinn grins and then chuckles 'Hmph. We shall see.'

Varidon walks away. He joins his brother within the underbelly of the arena. Nurbedon sits quietly, his hands on his knees and his head looking down onto the floor.

As his brother Varidon enters, Nurbedon looks at him 'Tell me Varidon. Do you believe I can defeat Beatrinn?'

Varidon says 'Within three cycles of the moon, even if you trained nonstop?'

Nurbedon nods his head in acknowledgment 'Yes.'

Varidon then replies 'Even with all that brother, I believe you cannot.'

Nurbedon understands 'If I fall that day, I will make it a grand spectacle. I will not die a coward. Not to my last breath.'

Varidon then nods his head in acknowledgment 'I hope that shall not be the case brother.'

The brothers train and train. However, at night, Varidon is haunted by dreams. Nurbedon catches him several times, sleepwalking, gazing up at the moon and their cycles.

One night, as Varidon dreams, he can hear his name being called. Varidon rises from his sleep, travels out of his dwelling, and into the deep of the Void forests.

He wanders deep and far within the forest in a sleepwalking trance. He can hear his name being called over and over again. He comes to a small hollow. He crawls down into it. There deep inside the hollow, is an Alpha shard.

He hears 'Everything you seek is within me. Take me and you will fulfill your destiny.'

Varidon reaches forth, he grabs the shard. Slowly he backs out of the hollow, shard in hand. He can feel it as it is burning the palm, but the energy flowing through him is intoxicating.

As Varidon backs out of the hollow, he stands. He holds the black shard within his hands and says 'My destiny.'

As if the shard speaks to him, it says 'Do you wish to be Grand Champion? As so many of your fathers before you?'

Varidon shakes his head 'No. My dream is beyond that. I wish to be King.'

'So be it.' The Alpha shard flies from his hands, piercing into the chest of Varidon. It sinks deep beneath.

Varidon drops to the ground, he can feel the energy coursing through his body. The pain is excruciating and eventually, everything goes black. He is unconscious.

He is awakened by the sound of someone calling his name. He looks up to see his brother Nurbedon holding his head 'Brother... What has happened?'

Varidon replies 'A dream. I must have been walking again in my dreams.'

Nurbedon says 'You have wandered quite far. Come, I will need you to prepare some things for me. My wife, she is going to give birth. I need to be at her side. There are some errands I need you to run.'

'Take some of this.' He hands a bag of Void currency over to Varidon. 'Take this to the arena. This will be my wager. I want you to place it on this day. Today is a day of great blessing.'

Varidon nods his head. 'I can do that brother. And congratulations, I look forward to seeing my niece.' The two part their ways.

The Winners Lose...

Varidon stands next to his brother Nurbedon as the pyre is lit, the fires burn high. His brother Nurbedon stares endlessly at his wife burning upon the pyre. She died shortly after giving birth to a daughter.

Varidon says 'You loved her, I know. And she loved you.'

Nurbedon stares once again for a long time. Nurbedon then says 'I trusted him. I trusted the King and he betrayed me. He brought me death, taking away everything I loved.'

Varidon says 'Umbranathor has reigned over since the absence of our uncle.'

Nurbedon stares again silently 'I'm going to train the rest of this time within the arena, without rest. When I meet Beatrinn and I cut off his head, and Umbranathor comes to greet me, I will strike him down.'

Varidon nods his head in acknowledgment 'And I'll be there with you.'

Over the next final cycle of the moon, Varidon watches his brother fall deeper and deeper into anguish. He drinks constantly of void wine. He slays in matches, covering himself in blood. Varidon is worried. Watching his brother self destruct.

The day comes of the great match. Umbranathor is in the royal seats looking down. The two stand across the field. Champion Beatrinn on one end, and Nurbedon on the other.

Varidon watches from the stand close by. Umbranathor raises his hands and the match begins. It is a fierce fight. After a moment, Beatrinn begins to overcome Nurbedon. When Nurbedon shifts into his form to try to dodge one of Beatrinn's blows, he is cut in the back of his leg. Nurbedon then shifts out. He looks down at his leg and can see a bone popping through.

Beatrinn begins to move in for a finishing strike. Varidon watches as his brother tries to struggle to his feet. Beatrinn then, as to make a mockery and taunt the crowd, backhand strikes Nurbedon, sending him flying into the wall.

One of the spikes drives through his upper left shoulder. Beatrinn twirls around, raising his hands. The crowd then cries out 'For death!'

Varidon who has seen enough, watches almost helplessly as Beatrinn bears down upon his brother. Varidon then jumps onto the arena pit. Something inside him is burning. He can feel the anguish, the rage.

As he runs forward, Beatrinn notices. He turns around as if to strike Varidon, but he seems to have vanished. As he reappears, he is in wolf form. He bites down hard upon Beatrinn's leg. Beatrinn then goes to strike him again and Beatrinn vanishes.

Nurbedon pulls himself from the wall. He snaps his bone back into place and wraps it tightly with a piece of cloth. He then goes and grabs a nearby sword from a previous fight during that day. He rushes forward to attack Beatrinn.

As Beatrinn turns ready to strike him, Varidon enters out of his wolf form. He looks high up at Beatrinn. A black coil comes from his mouth, piercing Beatrinn through the back of the head.

Nurbedon sees this and makes the final strike, slicing Beatrinn's skull clean in two. Beatrinn falls.

The crowd is bewildered. They do not know what to make of it. Two of them have brought the champion down. Who will be claimed the Grand Champion of the arena?

Varidon rushes towards his brother's side. He places his hand upon his shoulder, but it is shrugged off.

Nurbedon then says to him 'Why are you trying to take everything from me? This is all I had left, and you try to steal it from me.'

Varidon looks into his brother's eyes 'I did not wish to see you die. Think of your daughter. Think!'

Just then the royal horns blow. Umbranathor and an elite squadron of guards enter the arena.

Umbranathor claps excitedly 'Nurbedon! You are the new Grand Champion of the arena.'

Nurbedon looks angrily at his brother, then walks towards Umbranathor with his sword. Varidon does not know what to do next. If Nurbedon strikes at Umbranathor, the elite squadron would surely kill him.

Nurbedon walks forward, sword in hand. As he approaches Umbranathor, he stops, kneels, and places his sword within his hand. 'I accept thee, great King. I will champion this arena in your name.'

Umbranathor smiles 'We shall see.' He then turns and says 'I declare, Nurbedon, Champion of the Void! I give him my blessing, as King of all Void.'

Varidon is shocked but yet he bows. As his brother returns to him, he stands to congratulate him. He is ready to embrace him with warriors embrace.

As he steps forward, Nurbedon then strikes his hand away. Varidon is puzzled by this. He was going to greet his brother as a champion.

Nurbedon says 'I will accept nothing from you. This is all I have. Pawns like you and Umbranathor try to steal everything from me. This is mine!

You will never ever step foot as a competitor in this arena, ever! In fact, you are no longer my brother. You will be nothing but a servant. I shall speak to the King of this matter.' Nurbedon walks away and Varidon is left alone.

As the crowd departs from the arena, he stands there, looking down at the sand. Varidon places his hand over his chest 'I was to be King...'

True Self Connection...
https://www.facebook.com/groups/trueselfconnection/

Popular posts from this blog

How Mind Power Makes Life More Difficult

Release of Set: Egyptian God of Chaos

Asherah Aphrodite in Midgard